Most of the action goes down in the kitchen, and that's where Mom is most at home. She's not truly at peace unless there are 4 burners going, plenty of veggies to prep, and a few hungry guests ready to devour her latest masterpiece. We've gathered up an amazing risotto recipe along with a few fun items for her to enjoy in her 'cucina'. Thank Mom for all the great meals she's cooked in the past with our Chef Mom Mother's Day gift!
- Campanini Arborio – A wide, long grain with a central wide pearl, Arborio is the most well known Italian rice, famously used for risotto. It's got a high starch content and during cooking, the external part of the grain cooks more quickly than the central part, which stays "al dente" and with a pleasant firm texture.
- DB Black Truffle Cream – A smooth paste that is pleasantly funky and easy to love. This cream is extremely versatile and can be added to any dish for a touch of elegance.
- Aneto Vegetable Broth - An all-natural broth made with fresh ingredients, simmer over a low heat for three hours. Great for soup, but don’t forget about cooking your rice and grains with this soothing ingredient.
- Gruyere – Wholesome flavors of toasted sesame seeds and buttered toast with an umami finish make this cheese dense and seriously delicious.
- Daphnis and Chloe Wild Thyme Flowers – Flowery and slightly piquant, this thyme from Greece is perfect for herbal teas, marinating, or pairing with all sorts of meats and veggies.
- Sabatino Truffle Sea Salt – Ground truffles and kosher sea salt mixed together create a salty, earthy, spicy-peppery seasoning. Be careful to keep the package properly sealed to properly preserve the truffle aroma.
- Tea Towel – Because you never have enough kitchen towels.
- Di Bruno’s Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer – Slice like our mongers and get full, robust flavor in every bite of cheese with this Boska stainless steel slicer.
- Insulated Shopper Tote – Our zippered, insulated tote is great for keeping your cheese chilled or keep you eggplant parm hoagie at a nice toasty temperature.