House of Cheese Plate
Quick Overview :
The House of Cheese Plate is a special foray into cheese pairings with a selection of gourmet cheeses and some specific accoutrements. Casatica with Soppressata, Camembert with English Walnuts, and Abbaye de Belloc with dried figs are a flavorful adventure. Comes with our amazing Fig & Acacia Honey Jam to help top off this epic experience.
The Flavor Experience
Grab a copy of The House of Cheese book and belly up to your kitchen table with this amazing collection of cheeses inspired by our friend and author, Tenaya Darlington. A mix of cheese families and milk types, as well as delicious accompaniments and pairings for each cheese make up a cheese pairing plate that you'll want to share. Grab two or three friends for a full-spread dinner, or seven or eight pals for a lighter snack-fest and, if you feel so inclined, host a tasty book club event and read excerpts of Tenaya's wondrous and image-filled writings.
Each collection includes:
· Casatica di Bufala – Milky and soothing, with the tang of rich yogurt. A velvet robe for your taste buds. Happy-Go-Lucky meets Refined and Traditional.
· Sweet Soppressata – Our private collection meats are made to our specifications, which roughly boil down to rustic, delicious, and traditional. Air-cured for over a month, this is the perfect platter for a slice of Casatica cheese.
· Camembert de Normandie – Floral and deep vegetal tones. Distinct aroma of terroir, firm to runny depending on ripeness. Taste a piece of history.
· Raw English Walnuts – Delicately crunchy and immensely snack-able. A jolly, old sort of nut, and the perfect accompaniment for flavorful Camembert. Feel free to smother the whole wheel in crushed nuts and jam and back in the oven!
· Abbaye de Belloc – Creamy and buttery with a light toasted flavor. Smooth and meltable. A friendly brebis made by monks in the Pyrenees.
· Dried Figs – Mildly sweet and slightly nutty. Chewy and notoriously crunchy, thanks to the abundance of seeds inside each fig. Slice in half and pair with creamy Abbaye de Belloc for a simple, timeless pairing.
· Di Bruno Bros. Fig & Acacia Honey Jam – Meet cheese's best friend. A sweet and tangy spread made in Italy using the finest of ingredients. This is the delectable condiment to take everything on the plate up a notch—and we do mean EVERYTHING.
Part field guide, part cookbook, and part history, DiBruno Bros. House of Cheese presents a novel taxonomy of cheese, imaginative and pioneering pairings, and the story of the shop and staff that have are our home and family. Philadelphia food writer Tanaya Darlington (with more than a smattering from our own Hunter Fike) delivers an emotive yet vastly informative format for learning and falling in love, alike. Illuminated by the exquisite photographs of Jason Varney (another local food-media), this volume will shuffle between kitchen counter, coffee table, and nightstand as it guides, teaches, and inspires.
For the curious and the cheese lovers alike, the House of Cheese Plate offers up an informative, delectable eating experience that doubles as an easy, awesome present.