OK, this one is special. The Legendairy Cheese Collection features iconic cheeses, produced in limited quantities by the finest cheesemakers in the world. Each cheese represents the best in its class and is hand-selected for quality.
A portion of each sale is donated to the Daphne Zepos Teaching Award, dedicated to growing a squad of cheese professionals committed to teaching about the culture, history and techniques of making, aging and selling cheese.
- Marcel Petite Comte (8 oz) – From the renowned Fort St. Antoine aging vault, these wheels are selected based on flavor, not on age or price, unlike most Comte imported into the U.S. Jason Hinds travels to the Fort up to 10 times a year to select wheels that will arrive at the Di Bruno Bros. counter at the peak of ripeness, when all of the beguiling flavors – hazelnuts, heavy cream, fried onions, spring berries, cut grass, wet earth and straw – start to come to life.
- 1605 Manchego (8 oz) – Produced from manchega sheep raised on a diet of home-grown native grains, Finca Sierra de la Solana’s Manchego is one of the last PDO cheeses produced with a natural rind. This allows the cheese to breathe; the cut cheese has a clean aroma, smelling of hay and almond. While most industrial manchegos are one-note, 1605 Manchego sings with sweet juicy notes of pineapple and warm flavors of toasted brioche.
- L’Amuse Gouda (8 oz) – Betty and Martin Koster have a deep connection with some of the finest Dutch opleggers (affineurs) in Holland, thanks to their magical cheese shop in Amsterdam, which was established in 1989. Betty exports a handful of expertly-aged cheese to the U.S., including one of our favorites, L’Amuse Gouda. L’Amuse has all of the characteristics of a great gouda: distinctive roasted hazelnut and burnt caramel flavor, with a velvety texture.
- Cravero Parmigiano (8 oz) – Giorgio Cravero’s family has selected and aged Parmigiano Reggiano in Bra, Italy since 1855. The milk for our Parmigiano Reggiano, which Giorgio selects and ages for us, comes exclusively from the high fields (700 meters above sea level) of Benedello di Pavullo, where the grasses and flowers the cows feed on are very diverse. The cheesemaker makes only 8 wheels a day, yielding a cheese that represents the terroir of the region better than any other Parmigiano we’ve ever tasted. This is a dessert cheese, a snacking cheese and one to treasure – it is not a Parmigiano for grating!
- Fig & Acacia Honey Jam (7.1 oz) - Use our jam to pair with cheese or as a glaze for roast pork or chicken, or as a delicious condiment for cakes, jelly rolls, tartlets & pies.
- Sea Salt Crostini (7.04 oz) - The absolute perfect vessel for the cheese, meat, or dip of your choosing. Twice-baked for maximum crunch, with the perfect balance of olive oil and sea salt.
Click here to learn more about the Daphne Zepos Teaching Award.
- Parmigiano Reggiano and Balsamic Glaze (not included)
- L'Amuse Gouda with Black Lava Cashews (get some here!)
- 1605 Manchego with Membrillo (delicious quince spread from Spain/Portugal)
- Comte with Tishbi Onion Cabernet Preserves (not included)