Drum roll please.... Woohoo! We're proud to be the first to offer an authentic Italian Hoagie Kit to folks across the nation, shipping all the fixin's for this classic Philly sandwich straight to your doorstep. With real-deal Philly hoagie rolls, aged provolone, rustic prosciutto, coppa, and salame, as well as roasted peppers, crunchy kettle chips and our Abbruzze cheese spread, you've got just about all you need to transport your taste buds to the Italian Market.
We've included a blueprint for your hoagie masterpiece along with a snazzy old-school drawstring bag. All you need is some fresh veggies (and up to 5 of your hungriest friends or family) when you're ready to devour.
Each Italian Hoagie Kit Includes:
- (6) Authentic 9'' Hoagie Rolls - When it comes to the bread, everyone in Philly has an opinion. We use Liscio's, and have had Emilio (3rd generation Di Bruno and VP of Culinary Pioneering) taste test countless hoagies to confirm authenticity.
- La Quercia Prosciutto Americano - Cured using only sun-dried sea salt, the silken texture of this meat is matched only by its outstanding flavor. Subtle and nuanced with a sweet, salty, and slightly nutty profile. The average Philly hoagie might not use award-winning prosciutto, but we thought that would be a good thing.
- Fratelli Beretta Coppa - Tender, savory, first choice pork shoulder, salted, seasoned, and dry-cured for at least six months.
- Roasted Peppers - These sweet, fire-roasted peppers are marinated with extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, and Italian spices. Another staple at Philly sandwich emporiums, they're robust and smoky, smooth and savory. Use the marinade in the jar to spoon onto your hoagie.
- Maestri Salame Rustico - A classic salame from the Parma region that you already love for prosciutto. The seasonings are simple and traditional - pepper, garlic and other natural spices. This is one of the most friendly cured meats around, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Aged Provolone - Lightly smoked over hardwood, this critical foundation for your triumphant hoagie is savory, spicy, and subtly smoky; not too sharp, not too dry and not too smoky.
- Abbruzze Cheese Spread - Hot red peppers, roasted garlic, Italian herbs, and our special three-cheese blend make this spread a delicious addition to any sandwich. It's got a kick, so you can scale back or slather heavily to your liking. Use on your bottom roll, top roll, or both!
- Dirty's Sea-Salted Kettle Chips - Intensely crunchy, yet thin and crisp, these chips are the willing accomplice to your upcoming hoagie throwdown. It's not on our blueprint, but go ahead and throw them on the sandwich itself if you want!
Our hoagie kit serves 6 hungry people and comes with a snazzy drawstring bundle bag, complete with imagery to guide you on your sandwich build.