I formaggi italiani, our first love and where it all started! Di Bruno Bros. was the very first to carry Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano and aged Asiago in Philadelphia. With the Italian Cheese Collection we are still bringing you the finest Italian cheeses, hand-selected by our certified cheese professionals. *Cheese board, grapes, and utensils not included.
Share this link with your recipient for a Virtual Tasting with Emilio and Chef Ashley James!
- Auricchio Stravecchio – Made with the well guarded "secret Auricchio Extra-Sharp rennet," Auricchio provolone is seriously sharp and one of the world's most famous and favorite cheeses. Though aged for three years, it maintains a surprisingly creamy texture.
- Sottocenere al Tartufo – Fontina-like in texture, with no lingering air of funk. The rind is imbued with cinnamon, clove and other warming spices, whose earthy subtleties beautifully adorn the truffles throughout.
- Asiago Stravecchio – Asiago is a delightful medium-aged cheese exhibiting tropical fruit notes (primarily pineapple with hints of guava) and a savoriness reminiscent of Vietnamese grilled pork. This is a cheese that eats like a meal. Rich and satisfying, it hits on all of the scientific labels for taste.
- Moliterno Bianco Sardo – Moliterno is a classic example of small form Italian Pecorino. The tiny wheels are placed in hot whey to cook for about fifteen minutes, then the cheese is rubbed with olive oil to prevent cracking and aged on reeds for a minimum of six months. The result is a fatty, lush paste with a rugged rind that transcends time and place. Yes, it's that good!
- Pantaleo – Pantaleo is a rare 'caprino' (goat's milk cheese) made in a land dominated by sheep's milk production. A semi-firm cheese, it still finishes smooth, with a touch of spice reminiscent of smoky white pepper.
- Di Bruno Bros Salami (8 oz) - Meats made the authentic way. Our recipes and process stay true to traditional Italian salami, are produced with regional Italian spices and the old-world technique of slow air-curing for at least 45 days
*On occasion product substitutions of equal or higher value may occur.
Cheese board, plate and knife are sold separately.
Check out Cheese Tools & DB Gear for more great gift ideas.