The Italian Market Crate
Quick Overview :
For the last 75 years, our Italian Market store has been tucked into 930 S. 9th Street. Warm, vibrant, and delightfully cramped with delicious goodies ceiling to floor, our original location houses a cheese cave, antipasti bar, charcuterie station and fifty linear feet of specialty ingredients. Enjoy a taste of the original Di Bruno Bros. where Danny and Joe began their journey to achieve the American Dream.
- Italian Market Style Pepperoni - A rustic Italian-American classic that is mild, smooth and sure to please a wide variety of tastes. The perfect size to eat as-you-go, slightly spicy with a touch of smoke.
- DB Pepper Shooters - A succulent, aromatic pepper soaked in subtle vinegar giving a warm embrace to salty, dry prosciutto, and smoky,
creamy provolone. We started by handmaking these meat-cheese-pepper hugs in the 70s!
- Roasted Red Peppers - These sweet, fire-roasted peppers are marinated with extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, and Italian spices. A staple at Philly sandwich emporiums, we put these bad boys on every antipasti plate we serve. Robust and smoky, smooth and savory!
- Cerignola Olives - If you’ve never been a fan of olives, this is the game- changer. Meaty, buttery, and delicate, these green gems of goodness are
imported by Di Bruno Bros. from the Bari province of Italy and are our most popular olive type.
- Provolone Ball - 16oz. Savory, spicy, and subtly smoky. Made in Wisconsin and lightly smoked over hardwood, Grande "Prov" has grown to be as American as apple pie. It truly has earned its place in the Italian-American landscape as a go-to favorite from tailgating to parties, sandwiches to pizza.
- DB Sweet Soppressata - Our recipe and process stays true to traditional Italian salami. Made with regional Italian spices, they are slow air-cured for at least 45 days in this old-world technique. Pairs perfectly with our DB Fig & Acacia Honey Jam, Aged NY Cheddar, Prima Donna, or any cheese ever!
- DB Cheese Spread - Rooted in traditional recipes developed long ago at our Italian Market storefront, Di Bruno Bros. cheese spreads are crafted with a Wisconsin cheddar base and the perfect blend of spices and natural ingredients. With flavors ranging from hot and spicy to smooth and delightful, this is the best and possibly easiest snack ever! Insert cracker. Eat. Repeat.
- DB Olive Oil Crostini - The perfect vessel for a hunk of cheese, and possibly the best way to dip into your favorite cheese spread. With a heavenly crunch, this handcrafted, artisanal crostini brings the Mediterranean straight to your cheese board.
- DB Black Lava Cashews - Crunchy cashews candied and dusted with Hawaiian black lava sea salt. With volcanic flavor and intense texture, this is the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- Parmigiano Reggiano - 8oz. A complex, granular bite that tastes like sweet onion, grass, cashew, and pineapple. The dense paste is pierced with spires of crystallized amino acids which interlude the harmony of sweet and savory notes. In short, the King of Cheese!
- Prosciutto di Parma - Renowned and beloved, what more can be said about our classic prosciutto? A blend of salty, nutty, piquant and sweet, the tradition and care is in every bite. Each leg is hand-selected, based on flavor profile and preference.