The Italian Market Crate
Quick Overview :
For the last 75 years, our Italian Market store has been tucked into 930 S. 9th Street. Warm, vibrant, and delightfully cramped with delicious goodies ceiling to floor, our original location houses a cheese cave, antipasti bar, charcuterie station and fifty linear feet of specialty ingredients. Enjoy a taste of the original Di Bruno Bros. where Danny and Joe began their journey to achieve the American Dream.
- Italian Market Style Pepperoni - A rustic Italian-American classic that is mild, smooth and sure to please a wide variety of tastes. The perfect size to eat as-you-go, slightly spicy with a touch of smoke.
- Imported Auricchio Provolone Ball - Here in Philadelphia, provolone is a staple at every single sandwich shop in the city. We take our provolone seriously, and this slightly smoky, piquant, and dry-but-creamy cheese is one we’re not giving up anytime soon. Carve off sliver after sliver, and picture yourself relaxing on a rolling Tuscan hill, snacking till sunset.
- Pepper Shooters - A succulent, aromatic pepper soaked in subtle vinegar giving a warm embrace to salty, dry prosciutto, and smoky,
creamy provolone. We started by handmaking these meat-cheese-pepper hugs in the 70s!
- Roasted Red Peppers - These sweet, fire-roasted peppers are marinated with extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, and Italian spices. A staple at Philly sandwich emporiums, we put these bad boys on every antipasti plate we serve. Robust and smoky, smooth and savory!
- Cerignola Olives - If you’ve never been a fan of olives, this is the game- changer. Meaty, buttery, and delicate, these green gems of goodness are
imported by Di Bruno Bros. from the Bari province of Italy and are our most popular olive type.
- "Silver" Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar - Full of intense flavor with a well balanced sweet and sour taste, this vinegar complements the most exquisite gourmet cuisine. True balsamic vinegar is immersed in culinary history with strong Italian cultural ties, and what better way to maintain our legacy and heritage than with our very own Barrel Aged Balsamic vinegar. This little guy is 10 years old!
- Finocchiona - A mild salami, traditionally crafted and air-cured for at least 45 days. With black peppercorn and fennel seeds, it possesses a unique flavor profile, perfectly suited for a mild hard cheese, goat or gouda.
- Cheese Spread - Rooted in traditional recipes developed long ago at our Italian Market storefront, Di Bruno Bros. cheese spreads are crafted with a Wisconsin cheddar base and the perfect blend of spices and natural ingredients. With flavors ranging from hot and spicy to smooth and delightful, this is the best and possibly easiest snack ever! Insert cracker. Eat. Repeat.
- Cheese Crostini - The perfect vessel for a hunk of cheese, and possibly the best way to dip into your favorite cheese spread. With a heavenly crunch, this handcrafted, artisanal crostini brings the Mediterranean straight to your cheese board.
- Maestri Prosciutto Italiano - This tender and savory Prosciutto is slow-cured in Parma for a minimum of 400 days, otherwise referred to as "four seasons." There's nothing in there other than all-natural pork ham and Mediterranean salt - and that's why we like it. It's as authentic as it gets.
- Parmigiano Reggiano - A complex, granular bite that tastes like sweet onion, grass, cashew, and pineapple. The dense paste is pierced with spires of crystallized amino acids which interlude the harmony of sweet and savory notes. In short, the King of Cheese!
Sous Chef Approved!
Posted by Diane Ronzino on 10th Mar 2018
Sent this basket to my son who is a Sous Chef in a Southampton, NY restaurant. He was so excited when he received his goodies. "Delicious! and such a variety!" Well, done. Thank you!
Posted by Doreene on 18th Jan 2018
I recently ordered the sampler for a party I was giving. It comes in a gorgeous wooden box that was perfect for presentation! The entire package was very impressive and the quality of the foods was top notch. I will be ordering these for gifts throughout the year!
Cute and unique gift
Posted by Unknown on 12th Dec 2017
We ordered 6 of these boxes for other businesses we are in network with. The presentation is really cute and the selection of items in the basket is very unique from the standard gift basket!
Very tasteful with quality products
Posted by Donato Battista on 12th Dec 2017
I was very pleased with this purchase. It was worth the price. Came in a really nice wooden gift crate with a fabric bow and everything inside was a good quality product.
luxiurous gift giving!
Posted by Rachel on 5th Dec 2017
DiBruno Gift Basket was the way to go for holiday gifts this year - both corporate and personal presents! I was so impressed with the speed of shipment, the box and its contents. I will be purchasing some goodies for myself as well! Thank you so much!!!
took a chance, and it was a great choice
Posted by Unknown on 4th Dec 2017
this purchase was a gift so I didn't get to "taste " the items but it was a hit!!!!!!!thanks
Posted by Margaret Bynog on 17th Oct 2017
Good selection and decent sizes,a very nice variety
Posted by Unknown on 23rd Jun 2017
We haven't sample the whole crate yet but what we have sampled (about 80% of the crate) we absolutely loved. Great job